Friday, April 25, 2008

WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT LONG DISTANT LOVE? DOES IT WORK? WHY OR WHY NOT?

There’re a lot of opinions about long distance love. Some people say it’s possible to have a long distance love : “ Absence make the heart grow fonder ”. Some others say : “Out of sight, out of mind”. It’s hard to know who is right, who is wrong, so I just want to say it from my perspective.
When I was young, I believed that it was possible because there were nothing could beat the love (?). I used to be very romantic. However, when I grow up, I think that it‘s impossible. There’re several reasons that explain why I don’t believe it.
First of all, love is based on the environment’s surrounding. The first year (or at least 2 or 3 years) they’re far away, the romantic partners fell lonely and miss each others a lot; nevertheless, they’ll be better the next year , then they get used to it, and go to school normally. Because love is uncertain and can change easily, when they see some handsome boys (or beautiful girls), they fall in love again and even don’t remember their ex-love’s face (it can happen possibly). Because their love is too far, he (she) doesn’t know everything while the other is chasing another love. My friend, who is my classmate, broke up her boyfriend and had another after one year since she came here.
Moreover, a love need the warm from the other. When one person is down, he (she) is very lonely. They, the people who is in love, always want someone make them happier and need a shoulder (or hands) to cry or depend on. Because the other doesn’t know anything, that’s when the outsides who like him (her) jump in and cheer him (her) up. He (she) fells happy because there is still someone care about them. And then, a love story begin!
Furthermore, there’re some people who are cheating their loves on purpose. When their date go far away, they have a new girlfriend (boyfriend). Although they tell everybody that they’re lonely and want to fill the hole in their heart, they still chat and call their loves who is very far now and say : “I love you” very casually. A lot of my friends when I asked them about their date, they told me that : “I have one love here and one in my own country because they don’t know anything, so it’s very easy to have another boyfriend (girlfriend)”
Therefore, I think it’s impossible to always remember the past and love the person who they can’t see everyday now. What do you think? Is it possible? Who knows!!!

8 comments:

AZUL said...

HA! Good question, Who know? However, both of the members in a relationship are supposed to have an agreement between each other. If having a real love and comitment we can have long distant love, I agree something do you say specially if this happen between teenager and people who are in their 20's.I could dare to say that many of them haven't meet the "real love" yet.____yami

Christina said...

I think it works. If they very love each other....I think they will be together in the future.

kelly said...

hm I think it is difficult to decide because maybe they love each other a lot, so they can be together forever, but if they don't have an agreement between each other, they probably can not be together.

D'blog said...

Actually, I don't believe about long distance love because most of my friends here break up with there boyfriend or gilr friend in their own countries. That's not good right ???

Zenly said...

Zen!!
Hi .... you seem to have a lot of expriences with love huh!! I had the same opinion about long distance love, for I never go online to seek it; however, I heard some rumors that people do get married affer a period time communicating. For me, I have no expectation from long distance love.

snowboy said...

From my point of view.That's impossible. Maybe you can keep contact in the beginning, but after seaval monthes, you will lose your patience. As the result, you and your boyfriend break up.

Anna's secret said...

I think long distain love is so difficult because we can not meet each other. But in the other hand, it is interesting.

Cherry said...

Hi girl, I am interested in this question because I have much experience about it, and I guess you must surprise about my love story as below. My love started as I was in 12th grade. We are same age, same class, and especially we sat next to each other. For me, that time was so romantic. He used to take me to school every early morning (usually at 6 am),and then brought me back. He was always on time. Maybe I loved him for this reason. We spent romantic time together almost 3 years after that he must come to America with his family. I cried alot. I coudn't believe he had gone far away; However, we still kept in touch via email and phone. Through the internet, I could see his face via webcam, heard his voice via voice chat, and sent email to him with my current photos. 15 months passed, he went back to see me. I felt our love seemed stronger like the first time when we had just met. Now I am in America where I can see him everyday.It is the 7th year we have loving each other. Do you think I am so lucky, for I can reach my love? From my experiece, I believe in real and long distant love.